If you’re looking for an automatic answer to your cats litter box, there are quite a few options. PetSafe Simply Clean Self-Cleaning Litter Box is one option that’s worth looking into. The litter box is an automatic cleaner for cat waste. Instead of removing your cat’s waste by hand, you can let the machine handle it. Here’s a look at the good and the bad of using PetSafe.
What It Does
Much like its title implies, this self-cleaning litter box cleans itself. Every hour, the litter box goes through a cleaning phase. Unlike some other automatic litter cleaners, this one doesn’t have any other settings. Every hour of the day, PetSafe cleans the litter and gives your cat a clean, safe place to use the bathroom.
The system needs to be plugged into a power source. It uses a conveyor belt to clean thelitter box. Each hour, the belt moves along. With it moves the waste. Any waste goes into a bagged container. When the bag is full, you need to replace it with another bag. You don't need special bags; the plastic bags that you get at the grocery store get the job done. There’s no need to go out and special order expensive bags.
How It Looks
This self-cleaning litter box doesn’t try to look like a toilet bowl. Nor does it look like a complicated piece of machinery. It’s simple. The system is close to the ground, making it easy for any cat to get in and out. Even with a fussy cat, it should be easy to train them how to use this litter box. This is an advantage over the more unconventional boxes. Those take a little more training for cats to use them.
PetSafe is plastic, and while it’s not a work of art, it’s no uglier than a typical litter box. You can set it anywhere you like. Somewhat small in size, it doesn’t take up much space.
- There are several great features of the PetSafe Simply Clean Self-Cleaning Litter Box. First is the noise level. Or to be precise, the lack of noise. PetSafe is much more quiet than other self-cleaning options. When the conveyor belt is running, it won’t scare your cats or wake up sleeping babies.
- Another great feature of the unit is the simplicity. There are no crazy attachments or special parts that you need to order. All you need is the unit and some trash bags for the receptacle. Installation is as simple as setting it on the ground. There are no mechanical skills that you need, and the instruction manual explains everything clearly.
- Even the settings are simple. You don’t need to mess with ten different settings to find the right one. It’s easy to use, just like a litter box should be. You set it down and eave it.
- This litter box has an advantage over some other self-cleaning litter boxes in that cats can use it while it’s cleaning. You don’t have to worry about your cat having nowhere to go when nature calls.
- PetSafe boasts that you can go ten days without changing the litter on the system. When you need to replace it, you can use any self-clumping litter to get the job done.
- There’s not much to complain about with this litter cleaning system. The one issue that some people might have is the slow speed of the conveyor belt. It takes some time for the litter to move through to the receptacle. However, you cats can still use the system while it’s cleaning.
- On a similar note, the lack of options could be a problem for some users. If you’re looking for on-demand cleaning or specific settings, you’re out of luck. This system limits you to one and only one cleaning setting.
How PetSafe Compares to Other Automatic Litter Cleaners
PetSafe is less expensive than some of the other choices available on the market. This makes it an affordable option. There is no need to buy expensive litter or to order special parts.
And the system is a good value. PetSafe gets the job done. In addition to cleaning itself, it also removes odors and makes your life easier. Most importantly, it’s a cat-friendly option. The quiet nature of the machine means that it won’t scare skittish cats. Because it’s easy for them to use, training them to use it isn’t difficult or time-consuming. And older or more clumsy cats won’t have a hard time getting into the litter box. It’s a great low-cost option for people who want a litter box that takes care of itself.